27 July 2008
The Fall
So, the other day was going well. Seriously. Until. Let me preface this by saying that Archie (our two, nearly three-year-old) is in the throws of potty training. It's been sort of hit or miss, but lately we've had more hits than misses, for which I'm exceedingly grateful. However, after said hits, it sometimes takes a while to get the undies back on. He hasn't figured out how to do this himself, and to be honest, I'm not always aware he's even 'gone potty', so it may take me a while to realize he's in his birthday suit (his favorite outfit!) The other day was just that sort of day. Busy. So, I was in Abby's room helping her tidy up (a continual need for her room), and I'm sitting on the floor helping her stuff clothes into her already full dresser. Archie and Kale were playing on her bed, and I wasn't really paying close attention to them. Focusing on Abby, yeah? I decided that I needed to check on the boys, so I sat up on my knees to peer over the bed at them. As I rise, I realize that Archie is standing on the bed. (This is all in slo-mo.) As I rise further, I realize that he must have gone potty, because he's completely, 100% naked from the waist down. Finally, as I reach full sitting-on-the-knees status, I realize that he's falling. Towards me. It happened in a flash. Before I could react...you guessed it. I had a naked two-year-old sitting square on my face. AAAAHHHHHGHHHGHGHGHH!! And more AAAAGHGHGHHGHHHHHHHHHH!! What did I learn? First, that it's probably best not to let kids play on the bed, especially naked. Second, that underwear is a priority. Period. Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment