Sorry to all of you readers who, well, have given up on me! I had nearly given up on me too. I think that for this blog I often sit around waiting for inspiration, while the things my readers probably want to know are happing all around me!
Thanksgiving was fun...I got to not use my brain on chemistry for a whole week! Yeah! We had a total of fifteen people at our Thanksgiving meal this year, and that is especially rewarding to me. I thrive on having lots of people around, so it was super-great! It was especially, um, special because my brother and his wife came to our house for the first time. (They live 6 hours away...it's not like they live nearby and avoid us. Come on, people!) We had a great meal, and all I had to cook was the ham, turkey, and 5 pies! What a steal! All of our guests left on Friday.
Before they left, we all went out to Chilli's for a lunch, at which Archie started screaming that his ear was hurting. It was pitiful. I think kids have "doctor's not in radar." Finally, I remembered that Searcy has a Primecare clinic, so we ended up there. He had a double ear infection. Poor lil guy. After that we went home (I should add that Kenny is working days this week, so he missed all of this) to put up the Christmas tree! Yeah! Archie went to bed for a nap, so Kale and Abby and I worked together to "fluff" the fake tree. (I'm not a grinch...I have bad pine allergies!!)
After a trip to Lowe's for extra lights (I think put about 1200 lights on our tree this year. You should see it!!!!), we settled in and started decorating the tree. It turned out really, really well! Score!
Saturday, I had a babysitter keep the kids, so that I could go to Little Rock to do what is hopefully one of our LAST Christmas shopping trips! I got a TON of our shopping done. Probably 5x more than I would have with the three kiddos. That was a real gift to me. Thank you, Janice!! You're a rock star!!! I came home sick, though. I think I must have had the cold of the century coming on, but my subconscious told my body it had to wait until all of the Thanksgiving guests went home. So, it hit with a vengeance yesterday afternoon.
All of that said, I'm so thankful and refreshed after a week-long brain-break. It was nice. Except that now I'm basically brain-dead. DON'T ask me how to do an electron diagram! Yikes!! But it'll all kick in about 9 am tomorrow. Back to the grind!
Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't give up writing! :) It's nice to know that normal life continues even when I'm half-way across the world! (not that your life revolves around me... just that I feel cut off from my normal life just a little bit!)
Post a Comment