22 July 2008
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!
So, I had this awesome dream last night about one of my good friends, Marsha. Kenny and I met Marsha and her husband Jeremy when we lived in North Carolina. At our last Marine Corps Birthday Ball (we didn't know it was our last...incidentally, you should ALL get a marine to take you to the ball...they are so fun!!) we were eating our dinner happily, when Kenny pipes up, "Hey Angie! Do you see that navy guy over there? He went to Harding!" What?! Now, you must understand that we lived in a town in NC that was essentially without a church of Christ. In fact, the only strong contingents of christians were Baptists and Episcopalians. (Did I even spell that right?) So, to meet another church of Christ-er, let alone one from Harding, is pretty remarkable! Of course, I got way excited. Going to church an hour away from home means that during the week you don't have a lot of spiritual friends around you. That gets a little lonely. Oh, you can go out with friends, and I frequently did, but it sometimes felt like there was a part of me they didn't get. I don't like that feeling. So, to see Harding people held very exciting potential!! We went up to Jeremy, who introduced me to Marsha, and the rest is history! Now, you should know that Marsha is my alter ego. Seriously! She's my Tawanda! (Or whatever that lady's name was in Fried Green Tomatoes.) When I need to up my confidence level, get a little sassy, or learn to be bold, I go to Marsha! She's a red-headed spitfire, in the best sort of way! She's a pep talk, another pep talk, a bear hug, and an "I-got-your-back-so-let's-fight-'em!" all rolled into one. She's what I'm lacking when I sometimes need it most. She's a strong, beautiful woman, and I'm so grateful she's my friend! So, in my dream, we were giggling and throwing brown and red ceramic plates down a flight of stares...I'm not sure why...and then we were doing summersaults down the stairs. Ouch! But we were having so much fun!! I woke up feeling like I had had a brain massage because I got to spend a couple of hours with my friend Marsha. Then I had the let-down of realizing that it wasn't real. So, I think I'll call Marsha now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Ang. That made my day to read. I hope that you can feel the smile on my face.
Post a Comment