27 September 2008

The weekend

The weekend...

That's a strange, elusive creature at our house. Sure, we do experience days called Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but I'm not sure I know what a leisurely weekend is. Is that a real thing? It seems like in my vague memory I can picture something like a fun game we called football on tv, while friends (who I can't picture) came over and we ate nachos with yummy crock-pot cheese sauce. But was that all a figment of my imagination? I'm really not sure.

Today is actually a weekend. For the first time in a long time, Kenny and I are going on a date. We're actually eating out twice, just to make up for lost time. We're going to our favorite place in Little Rock, The Flying Burrito, and then to the Delta Gamma Rho function, and then to Outback! Lots of food! That sounds like a weekend, doesn't it?!

I'm not sure why we've had "weekend issues" for this entire schoolyear so far. Kale and Abby are both playing soccer, and I haven't been to a game yet! This is extremely sad to me. Today is no different. I've got long-lost college friends coming over for breakfast. (Well, I see one of them regularly. The other lives in Wisconsin. Who lives in Wisconsin?!) Anyways, so the only time we could get together was this morning. Bummer. But I'm really excited to see them! However, it means missing Abby's game. Next week, however, I SHOULD be able to go! Go Green Team Go!! Kale is red, but he's far less excited about it than Abby is.

Well, I must go. It's time for my weekend to start. I hope you all have a weekend too! Talk to you soon!

No comments: