So, it seems lately, that I'm having to learn to rely on other people to help me be the mom that I need and want to be. Yesterday was a perfect example of what I meant. Kenny is out of town, and he's my usual 'help' on Mondays. However, it's hard to do much from Missouri, so I had to find other options. During my morning classes, all the kids are in school, so I'm covered. It's after school that things just sort of went berserk. At 3:45, Kale has swimming lessons. Meanwhile, I realized (only late Sunday night) that I have a 4:00 class on Mondays. Yikes!!!!!! So, I called our friend Paula whose son Sam is in swim lessons at the same time, and asked her if she could be responsible for Kale during swim lessons. Then, I called our friends (recently-married college students) Branden and Sophia to see if Abby and Archie could stay with them during the 4-5 hour. So, I drop everyone off at their respective places and drove to my class, where I had a major presentation due. Gulp! Presentation went fine. Raced back to pick them up. All of them. Collectively. Then, we booked over to soccer practice, from 6-7. Stopped by Subway on the way home for sandwiches. Hey, it's better than french fries, right? Got home. Gulped food down. Put kids in bath. Then, our new babysitter Janice came over because I had a Delta Gamma Rho meeting to go to. Marvin, my father-in-law also came over, because I thought Janice wasn't coming on time. Thankfully, she showed up early. Unfortunately, that meant that Marvin drove over for nothing. So sorry, Marvin!! I go to the meeting, come home, chat with Janice, and then crash into bed. This morning, our friend Wendi Mathews came by to pick up Archie because I have lab. Then, tonight, our friend Ryan is watching Abby and Archie, while Marvin takes Kale to cub scouts. I'm going to a girls' night out at Doc's. Yeah! Anyways, that's beside the point. The point is, I'm SO grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family who are willing to help me get done what I need to get done. I feel so very supported and loved. And really, really blessed.
*Note: These two days are not representative of our normal life. They just were crazy days. And no, I'm not trying to run my in-laws ragged!!
Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment