11 September 2008

Let's Go! Let's Go! Delta Gamma Rho!

So, I've been chosen as a sponsor for a social club on Harding's campus called Delta Gamma Rho. The social clubs at Harding work much like the national fraternities/sororities, but ours are only found at Harding. When I was a student (um, the first time) at Harding, I pledged Delta Gamma Rho, so it is a particular honor to be able to now be a sponsor for them. A what? Sponsoring rocks! You should all try it!! Basically, I get to do everything that the club members do...but for free! For instance...their first function is in a couple of weeks at the Little Rock Zoo. Kenny and I will attend. The club will pay for our admission to the zoo, an event t-shirt for me, our babysitting costs, and they will even reimburse us for the cost of gas. (Little Rock is about an hour away.) Great deal!! It's interesting being back in the club as a sponsor...in some ways I still feel that I'm the same age as the college kids. But cognitively, I know that I am not. THEY know that I'm not too! For instance, I still have my DGR jersey from college. At Harding, Friday's are jersey days. I decided that since I am a student again and have several classes with DGR girls, it would be a good idea to show my DGR pride by wearing my jersey. It doesn't even look the same as theirs anymore! The design and fabric are the same, but when I was in school, we cut off the bottom of the jersey and wore a shirt underneath. We cut the ends of the sleeves off too! Now, nobody cuts anything off their jerseys. So, I'm totally OLD school. But, you know what, I don't care! I'm proud to be a sponsor of the best social club ever. I'm excited to have a chance to influence these young minds the way our sponsors influenced me! And I'm excited to be back in the Delta Gamma Rho circle. It is so special to me. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that is so cool! I never even knew DGR paid for all that LOL!

I was cracking up at the post about 30 being "Really Old." um hum I am with you we are no where NEAR really old!!!